We recently moved into our amazing new home in Falls Church and give our unequivocal and highest recommendation to work with Zimmermann Homes. Rob and team were simply incredible over the course of our home build, which was complicated by the unimaginable challenges of the pandemic that forced them to adapt their efforts in almost every respect. Through it all, Zimmermann Homes was a steady hand and inspired a lot of confidence that our home would be completed as planned. The finished product exceeded our expectations and it’s clear they take a lot of personal pride in their craftsmanship.
Beyond their ability to deliver, I’d highlight a few other aspects of the experience working with Zimmermann Homes:
1) Lot acquisition: Rob’s wife Meghan is a real estate agent and was able to help us identify, bid, and secure our lot. She gave us a lot of objective counsel to be disciplined in our bidding efforts, and we never felt pressured. By working in combination with Meghan and Rob, it made things more seamless in evaluating lots and considering our build options.
2) Simple process: We initially thought building a home would be daunting, but Rob and his team make things about as easy as they can be. There’s a very well thought out process, timeline, and sequencing of events that kept things moving. Rob and his team were always reachable, happy to provide baseline education and honest perspective, and extremely patient.
3) Full transparency: From a contracting standpoint, everything was fully transparent and there were few surprises experienced along the way. Anytime there was something we had to consider that deviated from our contract, communication was excellent and given balanced perspective to make informed decisions.
4) Attention-to-detail: As our home came together, I commend Rob and our project manager Jim in particular for their extreme, extreme attention-to-detail. They take great pride in their work and the resulting build quality and finish was clearly well-beyond homes we toured that had been completed by other local builders.
5) Logical design / good flow: I don’t know how to better describe it, but everything in the way they design and construct homes just makes sense. No wasted space, no weird configurations, no imbalance of higher vs. lower-priority areas of the home…it’s all just really consistent.
6) Good people: Rob and everyone he surrounds himself with are just honest, good and hardworking people who take tremendous pride in what they do. Also, I think they all recognize how huge an investment building a home is for their clients, and believe they take that responsibility very seriously and go the extra effort to earn your trust.
We’re thrilled by how things turned out and could go on about all the specific experiences we had that culminated in our ringing endorsement. If you’re thinking about building a home, definitely consider Zimmermann Homes.
- Eugene & Ga-Young Park, Falls Church, VA