I bought a tear down property in May of 2019 with Zimmermann Homes which was completed in July of 2020. I can't say enough good things about Rob and his team. I was not living in the DMV area when we started the project so they did a great job of communicating remotely during the design process. His architect, Darren and interior design team, Christina Simon, took samples of things we liked and found ways to integrate them into the house. The property has so many cool features from finishes, to a basement apartment, gym, and a roof deck. It's a 4,400 sq foot house but feels like it's 6k.
Rob, Jim, and team are very particular about how things are done. If something doesn't look right, they are going to have it corrected properly and they did.
From building for energy efficient, print labeling everything ( low voltage, electrical, was, gas), to managing the draw schedule, they really focus on the little things during what is a very stressful experience.
After moving in, they ensured punch list items were attended to. Unfortunately, we had to relocate for work after a year but the focus on details and quality allowed us to get top dollar for our property. Having now bought another newly built home only further highlights the unique focus on service and quality building of Zimmermann homes. Wish I could have had him build my house out west.
- The Messner Family, Arlington, VA
We selected Zimmermann Homes for our custom home after almost 3 years of detailed planning and research, which included meeting with just about every builder in the Northern Virginia area and touring numerous new homes. Zimmermann Homes stood out from the rest with its long list of satisfied customers, rigorous quality controls and standards, and commitment to "green" and efficient building processes and products. In the end, it was an easy decision and we couldn't be happier with Rob, the Zimmermann Homes team, and our new home. The entire process from start to finish was straightforward and well-structured. Darren, the architect, took our design ideas and list of must-haves and created a floor plan that exceeded our expectations. We also can't say enough good things about Christina and the entire CSD Design Team. They were great to work with and their advice and guidance was invaluable throughout the process, and they were always available to answer our questions and requests for design input (no matter how big or small!). We're absolutely thrilled with the quality and efficiency of our new home and would recommend that anyone looking at a new build should put Zimmermann Homes at the top of their list!
- The Wyss Family, Arlington, VA
We recently moved into our amazing new home in Falls Church and give our unequivocal and highest recommendation to work with Zimmermann Homes. Rob and team were simply incredible over the course of our home build, which was complicated by the unimaginable challenges of the pandemic that forced them to adapt their efforts in almost every respect. Through it all, Zimmermann Homes was a steady hand and inspired a lot of confidence that our home would be completed as planned. The finished product exceeded our expectations and it’s clear they take a lot of personal pride in their craftsmanship.
Beyond their ability to deliver, I’d highlight a few other aspects of the experience working with Zimmermann Homes:
1) Lot acquisition: Rob’s wife Meghan is a real estate agent and was able to help us identify, bid, and secure our lot. She gave us a lot of objective counsel to be disciplined in our bidding efforts, and we never felt pressured. By working in combination with Meghan and Rob, it made things more seamless in evaluating lots and considering our build options.
2) Simple process: We initially thought building a home would be daunting, but Rob and his team make things about as easy as they can be. There’s a very well thought out process, timeline, and sequencing of events that kept things moving. Rob and his team were always reachable, happy to provide baseline education and honest perspective, and extremely patient.
3) Full transparency: From a contracting standpoint, everything was fully transparent and there were few surprises experienced along the way. Anytime there was something we had to consider that deviated from our contract, communication was excellent and given balanced perspective to make informed decisions.
4) Attention-to-detail: As our home came together, I commend Rob and our project manager Jim in particular for their extreme, extreme attention-to-detail. They take great pride in their work and the resulting build quality and finish was clearly well-beyond homes we toured that had been completed by other local builders.
5) Logical design / good flow: I don’t know how to better describe it, but everything in the way they design and construct homes just makes sense. No wasted space, no weird configurations, no imbalance of higher vs. lower-priority areas of the home…it’s all just really consistent.
6) Good people: Rob and everyone he surrounds himself with are just honest, good and hardworking people who take tremendous pride in what they do. Also, I think they all recognize how huge an investment building a home is for their clients, and believe they take that responsibility very seriously and go the extra effort to earn your trust.
We’re thrilled by how things turned out and could go on about all the specific experiences we had that culminated in our ringing endorsement. If you’re thinking about building a home, definitely consider Zimmermann Homes.
- The Park Family, Falls Church, VA